IntelliCare Cloud Analytics
Predictive Analytics in the Cloud
Contact us for pricing!
Comprehensive Customer Care Driven by Cloud Analytics and Backed by Storage Experts
Storage administration can be a time-consuming, manual process. Instead of focusing on projects that add value to the business, you can often get sidetracked by unforeseen storage problems, spending too much time poring over disparate data in an attempt to pinpoint and resolve issues.
IntelliCare is designed to maximize the uptime and efficiency of your IntelliFlash arrays and save you time on storage administration. IntelliCare enables you to quickly and easily monitor the health, performance, and usage of all your IntelliFlash arrays, predict future requirements, and detect problems before they develop into component and system failures.
IntelliCare collects millions of different data points from every IntelliFlash array in deployment that has opted in*, including capacity usage, configurations, and system health and performance. Servers in the cloud process and analyze data to detect issues and identify patterns that can help predict trends. Since this is all done in the cloud, there’s no need to install any agents or stand up your own infrastructure.
Monitor All Your Arrays
Monitor all your IntelliFlash arrays holistically via the IntelliCare web portal. Key information includes:
- System information (e.g., firmware version, serial numbers)
- System alerts (e.g., warnings, errors, faults)
- Configuration details (e.g., pools, projects, RAID, etc.)
- Performance metrics (e.g., IOPS, latency, cache hit ratios)
- Data reduction rates (e.g., compression and deduplication ratios)
You can also open and manage support cases online, and have access to technical documentation, “how to” guides, “Tech Talk” webcasts, and knowledge-base articles.
IntelliCare employs trend analysis to anticipate future problems so you can keep your IntelliFlash arrays operating at top condition. Set up alerts for the following events:
- Space alerts based on linear progression analysis of space usage
- Threshold alerts for disks (e.g., media errors, transport errors, SMART stats)
- High Availability (HA) alerts (e.g., improper failover/failback)
Western Digital’s team of storage experts leverage the knowledge gathered by IntelliCare cloud-based analytics to spot issues across the entire customer base. When a problem is detected, they know which arrays are affected and can take proactive measures to quickly resolve the issue. Those measures include notifying customers, fault reporting, opening a support ticket, and/or dispatching replacement parts.
The IntelliCare customer care program was designed to give you the intelligence, tools, and support you need to maximize the uptime and keep your IntelliFlash arrays operating at peak performance and efficiency. Its benefits include:
- Lower Operating Expenses: Save time and reduce operating expenses by simplifying storage management.
- Proactively Manage Storage: Anticipate future problems and keep your IntelliFlash arrays operating in top condition.
- Maximize Uptime: Resolve issues before they cause downtime
- Usage Trends - Track storage volumes, data growth, and system usage trends
- System Alerts - Set and get alerted on various system configuration, health, and usage parameters by severity levels
- Predictive Maintenance - Built-in machine learning algorithms identify issues and proactively provide recommendations to avoid outages
- Performance Metrics - Get fine grained performance metrics (e.g., IOPS, latency, cache hit ratios) for storage volumes and data sets
- Data Reduction Rates - Measure and track compression and deduplication savings for data sets and storage pools
Download the IntelliCare Cloud Analytics Tech Sheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Contact us for pricing!