Ultrastar DC SS530
Scalability for Servers and Storage with Proven, Trusted Design
Contact us for pricing!
Generations of Proven Designs Provide Reliable, Secure Data Center Scalability
As data centers and enterprises struggle to manage the growing abundance and availability of data, Western Digital delivers a portfolio of dual-port 12 Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) SSDs with capacity, performance and endurance options to help address the challenges of data access. Ultrastar DC SS530, our newest SAS SSD, delivers up to 15.36TB, double the capacity of prior generations. Our Ultrastar SAS series includes three endurance options to meet the requirements of a full range of applications and workloads. Data security features include self-encrypting drives based on TCG enterprise standards and FIPS validation. Ultrastar SAS drives are trusted by major OEMs and leverage decades of proven enterprise storage expertise in firmware development, design, and reliability. Ultrastar builds on its strong tradition of leading-edge SAS SSD products to deliver more capacity and better performance, combined with a continued emphasis on reliability to create global scalable, high-availability servers, and storage systems where data can thrive.
- Capacities from 400GB to 15.36TB
- Reliable, proven dual port 12 Gb/s SAS interface supports high-availability storage environments
- 3D MLC or TLC NAND Flash delivers performance and endurance
- Three endurance options support range of data center workloads
- Enterprise-class 2.5M hour MTBF reliability rating
Applications and Workload
- Enterprise-class servers and high performance computing
- Online Transaction Processing (OLTP)
- Financial Transaction Systems
- File Servers
- Database Analytics
- Space and/or power-constrained environments
|Interface||SAS 12 Gb/s|
|Form Factor||SFF 2.5-inch drive|
|Capacity||10 DW/D: 3.2TB / 1.6TB / 800GB / 400GB
3 DW/D: 6.4TB / 3.2TB / 1.6TB / 800GB / 400GB
1 DW/D: 15.36TB / 7.68TB / 3.84TB / 1.92TB / 960GB / 480GB
|Maximum Terabytes Written (TBW)||10 DW/D: 59,690 / 29,410 / 15,220 / 7,630
3 DW/D: 36,170 / 17,520 / 9,410 / 4,700 / 2,350
1 DW/D: 30,110 / 15,050 / 6,790 / 3,760 / 1,880 / 940
|Flash Memory Technology||3D TLC NAND|
|Sequential Write (max MiB/s, 128KiB)||2,120|
|Random Read (max IOPS, 4KiB)||440,000|
|Random Write (max IOPS, 4KiB)||10 DW/D: 320,000
3 DW/D: 240,000
1 DW/D: 100,000
|Mixed Random Read/Write (max IOPS 70%R/30%W, 4KiB)||10 DW/D: 430,000
3 DW/D: 330,000
1 DW/D: 190,000
|Read/Write Latency (μs, max)||10 DW/D: 92/26
3 DW/D: 92/27
1 DW/D: 92/36
Download the Ultrastar DC SS530 Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Contact us for pricing!